How to apply for Vietnam visa in Canada?
VISA TO VIETNAM REQUIREMENTS FOR CITIZENS OF CANADA
A visa to Vietnam is required for any Canadian passport holder to enter Vietnam. Fortunately, it is much easier these days to apply for Vietnam visa as citizens of Canada have two available ways to handle their visa application:
- Applying for visa at Vietnam Embassy (traditional way, visa picked up at Vietnam Embassies) and,
- Apply for Visa on arrival with VisainVietnam.org (visa picked up at Vietnam International Airports).
In order to get visa to Vietnam, you may choose one of the two options above. Please keep in mind that these two options are quite different in terms of application procedure and applicable applicants.
Travelers should note that while visa on arrival is more convenient and less time-consuming, it is applicable for those who travel to Vietnam by air only. So, if you plan to travel to Vietnam by land or sea, you should apply for a visa at the nearest Vietnam embassy.
Currently, there is one office of the embassy of Vietnam in Canada in Ottawa.
Embassy of Vietnam in Ottawa, Canada
Address: 470 Wilbrod Street, Ottawa, Ontario, K1N 6M8, CANADA
Phone: (1613) 236 0772
Fax: (1613) 236 270
With visa on arrival, the Vietnam Immigration Department will issue a visa approval letter with your name on it stating that you are allowed to enter Vietnam on a specified date. Then, you will have the visa stamped onto your passport at the arrival airport. If you apply for visa at Vietnam embassies, the visa stamp will be on your passport when they send it back to you.
HOW TO APPLY FOR A VISA ON ARRIVAL TO VIETNAM FROM CANADA
For Canadian passport holders
Canadian citizens coming to Vietnam for vacation or business can easily apply for visa on arrival following the simple application process provided here at www.VisainVietnam.org:
- Fill in the secured application form with required information such as your full name, date of birth, passport number, arrival date… You are required to enter the exact personal information of the applicant(s) in order for the Immigration Department to issue Visa Approval Letter.
- Please double check to ensure the information is correct. Then process to make payment for the service fee. You can make payment with your Credit/ Debit Card via OnePay /PayPal or pay via Western Union. Our confirmation email for your visa application will be sent within 5 minutes.
The cost for Vietnam visa on arrival includes:
- Visa service fee (paid to www.VisainVietnam.org when you apply) and,
- Visa stamping fee (paid to custom officials at airports when you enter Vietnam)
The service fee varies based on the number of applicants, the type of visa and the processing time (normal or urgent) you wish to apply for.
Detailed information about the service fee and stamping fee for Vietnam visa application can be found here:https://www.visainvietnam.org/vietnam-visa-fees/.
- Wait for 2 working days (normal service) or 1 working day (urgent service) to get your Visa Approval Letter issued by Vietnam Immigration Department via email.
- Print the visa approval letter out together with the entry and exit form (attached in the email)
- Get your visa stamped at Vietnam airport check-in counter by presenting your visa approval letter, passport, 01 passport-sized photo, entry and exit form (already filled out), and stamping fee to the Immigration Officer.
- In case you wish to fill out your information offline, you can download the visa application form here (in .doc format), fill it out and send to our email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You will receive our reply email with the payment link to make payment for the visa service fee.
For other nationalities currently staying in Canada
- If your nationalities are not included in the Vietnam visa exemption list, you are required to obtain a visa before traveling to Vietnam.
- For those whose nationalities are supported with visa on arrival, you can follow the simple steps listed above to apply for one at www.VisainVietnam.Org Or, you can contact the nearest Vietnam Embassy around your area to apply.